Make sure to read the raider section - important conclusions and survey! Also info on next gmeet is up in the general forums!

[ACCEPTED]Raider Application - Dijkztra, Elemental Shaman

Interested in joining? Apply here!
Thirtykay

[ACCEPTED]Raider Application - Dijkztra, Elemental Shaman

Post by Thirtykay » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:37 pm

Applying for: Raider

Reason for applying: I'm currently in the guild Depthcore on Stormscale where I'm both healing and DPSing. From the beginning in the end of Legion, the goal was to establish a solid and stable raiding team consisting of invested and skilled raiders. However, things didn't go as planned. The raid leader got kicked for reasons that are unknown to me, the guild master went inactive because of IRL issues, the guild got completely new officers, core raiders left because of impatience and unstable leadership, half the raids have been cancelled and now, at last, the leadership of the guild has decided to disband the raiding team. So right now, I'm basically in need of a new guild to raid with in order to pursue my goal of clearing Mythic Uldir before the next raid is released.
Character name: Dijkztra
Battletag: Thirtykay#2254

For raiders only:
Class: Shaman.
Role: DPS, Elemental
Wowprogress.com link: https://www.wowprogress.com/character/e ... e/Dijkztra
Warcraftlogs.com link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... =Elemental
Explain how you research a new Mythic boss: The first thing I do is read the tactics for the boss thoroughly on
Wowhead. After that I watch a video guide on youtube. Mostly the ones made by FatbossTV and Stankie Gaming. Thirdly, I watch a PoV walkthrough from my own class and spec. I pay attention to their positioning, cooldown usage and utility usage. I generally just want to see how they choose to deal with the fight. Lastly, I go to warcraftlogs to find the players with the best logs on the encounter. I then go through their talents, traits, cooldown usage and how they change their general rotation based on whats happening throughout the encounter. For an example, how they plan ahead with maelstorm and pre-activate Stormkeeper and Storm Elemental to get Call Lightning off just before the first pack of adds on Zek'Voz. I always do my best to optimize my gameplay so I spend a lot of time on going through my own logs and others' who did better than me to compare.
Why do you want to join Why no Love?: I'd like to join Why no Love because it seems to me that it's a stable guild and you've obviously made solid progress so far. You also raid 3 times a week, which is very appealing to me as I want to raid as much as possible. The fact that you have yearly meetings proves that the leadership is invested into the guild and that the community is strong. That's exactly what I look for in a guild.

Ayarae

Re: Raider Application - Dijkztra, Elemental Shaman

Post by Ayarae » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:11 pm

Thanks for your application Philip. Sorry to hear about your current guild though :(. I have the other raid officers have a look and hope to have an answer for you soon!

Ayarae

Re: [ACCEPTED]Raider Application - Dijkztra, Elemental Shaman

Post by Ayarae » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:19 pm

Accepted :), welcome!

Thirtykay

Re: [ACCEPTED]Raider Application - Dijkztra, Elemental Shaman

Post by Thirtykay » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:06 pm

Thank you :) Looking forward to play with y'all