Make sure to read the raider section - important conclusions and survey! Also info on next gmeet is up in the general forums!

[DECLINED]Raider application - Holy Paladin

Interested in joining? Apply here!
Halaladin

[DECLINED]Raider application - Holy Paladin

Post by Halaladin » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:43 pm

Applying for: Raider

Reason for applying: I'm looking for the challange and satisfaction that comes with end-game raiding and I want to continue developing as a player
Character name: Halaladin
Battletag: LeifGW#2102
Class: Paladin
Role: Healer
Wowprogress.com link: https://www.wowprogress.com/character/e ... /Halaladin
Warcraftlogs.com link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/33513055
Explain how you research a new Mythic boss: I watch kill videos and streams. Back in the days I made use of the Elitistjerks and WoW-forums, but nowdays I keep an eye out on reddit amongs others.
Why do you want to join Why no Love?: After reading the history of Why no Love you seem to be close knitted group with a strong sense for your community, and for having fun while progressing. I recently started playing again after several years away from the game, and while I've enjoyed my time playing with friends, they've reached a point where they no longer want to progress and have already started to drop off, leaving me with a desire to experience more.

TLDR: I want to play with people who share the same feelings of enjoyment for the game and ambitions to progress. :)

Ayarae

Re: Raider application - Holy Paladin

Post by Ayarae » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:13 pm

Heya Andreas,

Thank you for application. I have poked the raid officers and they will have a talk about. Considering we have 2 healers on trial at the moment and a holy paladin it might take some time before they come to a deciscion :)! Hold tight.

Pete

Post by Pete » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:03 am

Hey, and thanks for your app.

Two things I would like to read your thoughts about.
We currently have a full roster of healers. Why should we try out you instead of the ones we already have?

What is your previous and most recent raid experience? You say you have been away for some time, but what level did you play at before? And what level of play would you like to see now?

Pete

Halaladin

Post by Halaladin » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:38 am

Hey. Thank you for getting back to me.

Since I'm not in any position to make a driect comparison between myself and your current healers, I will try to elaborate on what I can bring to your guild. I am willing to put in the time, effort and preparation required to progress. I am humble, always open for feedback and while I hate underperforming I'm mostly gracious in defeat and I look at what went wrong and ways I can improve.

Up until Cataclysm I'd been raiding in semi-hardcore guilds every expansion. And while we were not at the very tip of the spear we were always at the sharp end. Shortly after the release of MoP I had to quit playing due to personal reasons, and for reference, at that point I was ranked in the Top 10 of my class on the realm.

I did not come back to the game until May this year and my recent raiding experience includes full clears of Uldir HC, and PUG attempts on Taloc and MOTHER on Mythic Difficulty. It is at this level, progressing in Mythic, I see myself playing in the near future.

Ayarae

Post by Ayarae » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:36 pm

Hey Halaldin,

The officers have contemplated and talked about your application. Whilst we really enjoyed reading it and think personality wise you would be a great fit to our guild, we sadly can not fit you in the roster right now. We have 2 healers on active trial as it is and a third would make it impossible to trial you properly.

If a spot opens up, feel free to approach one of the raid officers (Barnzy, Dragus or Usmandark) if you would still be interested.

We wish you all the best in finding a new home and hope you can find what you are looking for :).